Darkened Nights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darkened Nights

Eclectic

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Brighter Light.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadow Price
Admin
Shadow Price

Female
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-03-30

A Brighter Light. Empty
PostSubject: A Brighter Light.   A Brighter Light. EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 7:39 am

I have no clue how I got the idea for this.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was sitting on the edge of a cliff, my red and black combat boots dangling. The deep blue waters were crashing against the base of the cliff. I was contemplating a jump. I took out a many-times-folded yellow paper and unfolded it again. It was a letter for my parents. I was being sent to a school for students who had issues with obeying the rules.My issues? Fighting, disrespect, you name it.

I sighed and stood. Might as well get this over with. I turned and walked back towards the city. The cliff was a good half mile from Seatle, Washington. My phone vibrated in my leather jacket's inside pocket. I took it out and looked at the caller ID. Great, it's Father.

"Hello?" I said, my voice indignat and annoyed.

"Where are you?" Father's voice growled.

"Devil's Drop, where else?" I growled right back.

"Get home now young lady."

I shut the phone and put it back. I gathered my legs and ran, the wind blew through my black hair. I felt like I was flying, my boot barely touching the ground. This is where I belong, running through any forset, feild, or street. Trees flew past me in a green blur, leaves and branches brushed my arms, face, and neck like gentle strokes. My breath was deep and slow. Before long I saw the subrubs of Seatle. I slowed to a jog, ad to see my run at it's end. My phone vibrated again.

"Hello?" I didn't look at the ID.

"You're still alive?" my friend Shawn asked, laughing.

"Yes but not for long. I'm almost home." I replied slowing to a walk.

"Devil's Drop?" he asked.

"Where else?"

"Hey got to go. Mom's yellin' for me. Call me later, 'kay?"

"No prob." I pu my phone back.

I finished my way home walking. No need to rush getting chewed out, right? Father was already waiting in the front lawn. His face was red, his hands shaing, and a vein pulsed in his forehead.He's obviously found out.

"Father let me pack. You wont have to bother with me once I leave. Then you can screw around with whom you please and get a kid you can be proud of." I said walking past him.

He went to grab hair that wasn't there. There's more then one reason why I keep my hair in a boy's crew cut. One, because I liked it, and two, becasueI know my father too well. He did the same thing to my mother.

"You'll be going nowhere. I'm gonna make sure of that my dear daughter." Father growled, grabbing the edge of my jacket.

I shrugged out of the jacket, grabbing my phone and the letter. My feet acted on their own, running towards the front door.I took the stairs three at a time. As I got to my room I heard Father come in. I slammed the door closed and locked it, as footsteps followed me up the stairs. I grabbed an oversized duffel bag and started throwing jeans, shirts, socks, and underwear in it. Then I walked over to my bookcase and grabbed the Twilight series, Wuthring heights, Heidi, and The House of Night. I grabbed fourof my composition notebooks. I put them all in the bag and opened my window. Father was at my door, screaming for my to open it.

The sun had set a long time ago, so my yard looked like an ocean. On a fence post I saw my leather jacket. He can't even get mad at me right. Anyone else would have trown it on the ground, and chased me. Swinging my legs over the sill I dropped the duffel and jumped after it. I rolled s my boots touched the soft ground. I stood and, grabbing my bag, walked to the fence. I could still here Father's voice. My phone vibrated once, telling me I had a text.

'Com on. Im in the front of ur house.' it was from Shawn.

I jumped the fence, grabbing my jacketat the same time. Shawn's mom's forest green Chevy was sitting there. Shawn was waving my to get in, his tanned face worried and urgent.

"Come on Parker." he said, using my last name.

I jumped in the bed, landing nest to the toolbox. Mrs' Janhson, Shawn's mom, started the truck and drove down the road. Shawn opened the back window and crawled out. He moved my duffel bag to the far side of the bed and wrapped my jacke around my shoulders, and let me lean on him.

"Why am I so tired?" I wondered aloud, stifling a yawn.

"Because, you faught two football players, ran to Devil's Drop, from school, ran home, jumped out your window and jumped into this monster." he said, wrapping an arm around me. "Sleep Stevie." he added, whispered.

I fell asleep, knowing Mrs. Jonhson would keep me at her home, till Monday, two days away.
Back to top Go down
https://darkenednights.board-directory.net
RitsukaAyogi

RitsukaAyogi

Male
Number of posts : 10
Humor : ...
Registration date : 2008-10-25

A Brighter Light. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Brighter Light.   A Brighter Light. EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 5:46 am

that was awesome! Stevie's a girl right?
Back to top Go down
Shadow Price
Admin
Shadow Price

Female

A Brighter Light. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Brighter Light.   A Brighter Light. EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 5:47 am

yes.
Back to top Go down
RitsukaAyogi

RitsukaAyogi

Male

A Brighter Light. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Brighter Light.   A Brighter Light. EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 5:48 am

Cool. Awesome story
Back to top Go down
Shadow Price
Admin
Shadow Price

Female

A Brighter Light. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Brighter Light.   A Brighter Light. EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 6:55 am

Thank you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The past two days were surprisingly fun. I slept on a couch in Shawn's room, ate food made by the best chef, and ws treated like part of a family more then I hade in years. But, now I was sitting on a bus with six other kids, tow of them I wasn't sure if they were dudes of chicks. Out of the others three were boys.

One of the boys moved to the seat next to me. He had on a black button-up shirt, white pants, and shiney black shoes. His hair was an odd mixture od blonde and red, and his smile was friendly.

"What'd they get you for?" he asked, his vioce amused.

"Which time?" I asked, running a hand through my hair.

"Most recent five." he seemed even more amused by my attitude.

"Fighting football jocks, punching my teacher, trying pot, cussing out a teacher, and skipping three ISS's." I said, nonchalantly.

"Wow. I thought I had the title for worst kid. You got me beat by a mile."

"Ususally do. Beat people, that is."

"I'm Max Castello. Pleasure." he held his hand out.

"Stevie Parker." I gave him a sideways high five.

Max looked confused as he settled back into his seat. I curled in a ball, my head on my duffel bag. My eyes unfocused so everything looked fuzzy.

"The school's right up this lane." the bus driver said as we came to a stop a half hour later.

I sat up and slung the bag on my shoulder. All of us got out of the bus, one of the girls, a brunette, was crying. I went over to her.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"I-I'll b-b-be o-ok-kay." she stuttered, looking up at me. Her hazel eyes were swiming with tears.

I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and we made our wayto the school, tripping over each other's feet. By the time we got to the school both of us had tears in our eyes and were laughing. The gruop of kids from the bus were standing in front of the school.

"Miss Parker I take it. So good of you to join us." a big man said. He looked like everyone here's weight would be enough to equal his. "And you Miss..." he added looking at the girl next to me.

"Smith. Johanna Smith." she mumbled, moving a lock of heer hair out of her face.

"Miss Smith. I've heard of you. You skipped school for two mouths straight, pretending to be sick. Am I correct?" the man said, his voice was harsh.

Johanna raised her chin defiently as she nodded and glared at him. I almost laughed. The girl's got spunk. I heard three people snicker from behind me. Johanna looked pleased with herself.

"Another rebal one. You're father wanted you here if I recall correct. Miss Pa-"

"Stevie." I cut him off. "My name is Stevie Mari Parker. Not Miis Parker, okay?" Someone gripped my shoulder.

"Chill Stevie. It's sad when you get expelled from here." Max whispered.

"Now Stevie" the man said my name as a sneer. "Tell me, how did you get here?"

Before I could get my retort out, a woman with unruly brown\black hair, a white suite, and long legs came from behind the man. With her were six kids, three boys and three girls.
Back to top Go down
RitsukaAyogi

RitsukaAyogi

Male

A Brighter Light. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Brighter Light.   A Brighter Light. EmptyWed Nov 05, 2008 4:20 am

Cool.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Price
Admin
Shadow Price

Female

A Brighter Light. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Brighter Light.   A Brighter Light. EmptySat Nov 08, 2008 3:00 pm

I was sitting in my dorm, which was shared with Trinity. Her side of the room had hand drawn pistures and paintings. Many of them were forests or mountains, one inparticular caught my eye. It was an unfinished painting of a girl. She had a pale complexion, shot black hair, and an angular face. If I didn't know any better, I would have said it was me. The only thing missing was he face.

"How come you didn't finish that one?" I asked, while Trinity started sketching something.

"I could never remember my insperation. All I remmber is a girl with a hard outside. who was really soft and kind when she learned to trust. I could never remember her face." she said, looking at the picture, her eyes questioning.

"It's pretty." I grabbed one of my notebooks from my dresser.

"It's you." she muttered, I still don't think I heard it right. I didn't comment. "What's your hobby?" she added louder, going back to her sketch.

"Writing mostly. I listen to music way too much, too." I laughed when she looked at me weird. "What're your parents like?"

Trinity went back to her drawings and didn't answer. I would have done the same thing. My mom killed herself because my father beat her continueously. He must have been a good man when she was dating him. Whne she left Father used me as his punching bag, which is why I learned to defend myself.

"I started writing dwn what I remembered about Mom. She was fun and almost a little kid at heart, well, when Father wasn't around. She had jet black hair that had a sheen of rainbows, like a raven's feathers. Her eyes were a dark blue, with a purple tinge around the edges. And her laugh could make anyone join in.

"What're you writing?" Trinity asked, making me start. I looked up.

"Things about my mom." I said with a sigh.

"She's not here anymore." I knew what she meant.

"No, She killed herself a few years ago. Then I was the one Father got to torture."

"My mom's gone too...My father killed her." Trinity said, stopping her drawing.

I looked down, almost asking her why or how. "I'm sorry." I said instead, making my hand stop trembling.

"It's not your fault, it's his. No one else knows this."

"I wont tell if you don't."

"I can deal with that."

Both of us returned to what we were doing. I wanted to ask her some more questions, but I held my tongue, metephorically. After, I think half an hour, Trinity swung her legs off her bed and I looked up. She was staring at me with an intese gaze.

"You're eyes are gaurded. What's wrong?" she asked, a few minutes later.

"I shook my head, not trusting myself to speak, plus my thoughts were jumbled anyway.

"What's wrong? I can tell there's something wrong." she pressed, moving next to me.

"I'm just thinking about when I was little." I replied, putting my notebook and pen down and pulling my knees up to my chin.

"Tell me about it. It might help." she put her hand on my knee. I almost thought I could tell her. But I shook my head. "You don't think you can trust me,"-it wasn't a question-" You'll learn you can." she added in a whisper.

"I've never beeen that good at trusting people. It's not you." I told her, almost lovingly.

Trinity wrapped her arm around my shoulders and hummed. I reconized the song, 'Everytime We Touch.'

"I still feel your touch touch in my dreams." I sang quietly.

"Forgive me my weakness, but I don't know why." Trinity sang.

I stood up and walked over to the door, my pen and notebook hand. I waled out and slammed the door. That song reminded me of my mother. She used to sing it while she cooked. I walked outside, hearing voices from some of the dorms around me. As I got outside I saw Max and another guy. I reconized him from the group Mrs. Ferrer brought out. He had blonde hair, brown eyes, and tan skin. I geussed that a normal girl would have thought he was cute.

"Hey Stevie! Over here." Max called, once he saw me.

I walked over to them and smiled. Max's friend's eyes gazed over and he blushed. That made Max chuckle once. "I'm Stevie." I said, holding my fist out.

"Um...I'm Tyler. Pleasure." he said, his voice shakey. He touched his fist to mine.

"Cool. So Max, what's up?" I asked, shifting my notebook to the other hand.

"Nothing much Stevie. Where's that girl you were with earlier?" he said. throwing an arm around my waist.

"In the dorm." I said, stepping out of his arm. "I'l see you two later. I just want to walk around for a bit." I walked away.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Price
Admin
Shadow Price

Female

A Brighter Light. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Brighter Light.   A Brighter Light. EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 3:25 pm

I ended up in the trees that surronded the school. Most were oak but one was a willow tree with thick, long vines that made a veil. It was peaceful, and I could see the wind play with the fallen leaves. I sat down on one of the limbs. I retied my boots and looked out of the vines of the tree.

"I'm sorry Mama."I whispered lifting my head to stop from crying. A gentle wind blew in my face and wrapped itself around me. "I love you too, Mama."

"What? The little baby misses her mama?" a deep vioce from behind me said. I didn't turn around, but the wind got rally strong for a minute. "Is the little girl gonna cry?"

"Hey! Leave her alone." Trinity's voice said. This time I turned around. The boy who was talking was one of the other boys from Mrs. Ferrer's grooup.

"What are you gonna do about it?" he sneered, showing a fake grin.

"I'll knock you into next week." I growled, not likeing the way he was talking to Trinity.

"Yeah? Come over here and do it then." he said smiling.

"I wouldn' mess with her." Trinity taunted.

"She's just a little girl who misses her mam." he said as I got out of the tree and stepped towards him. "I know why. Your Mama's gone. Dead. She illed herself because of family issues. You're hard on the outside but you're nobody inside."

I stopped dead in my tracks. He was right. I always pt on a hard exteriure, but I didn't really have anything outside of that.

"You were probably joked or laughed at because of what she did, weren't you?" he continued.

"Shut up Mark." Trinity growled.

"You've had to live with what she left behind, haven't you?" he completely ignored Trinity.

Tears were welling up in my eyes. The first time I'd cried in years. I dropped my notebook and pen, and wiped a hand across my face. Trinity took a step towards me as a hasrsh sob broke from my chest. Mark just laughed. I fell to my knees and cried, I just let everything out that I had held in for so long.

An arm wraped around my shoulder and pulled me into someone's lap. I looked at the face, which was blurry because I was still crying, but I could see it clear enough. It was trinity. She stroked my hair and muttered nonsense when I buried my head on her shoulder and in her hair.
Back to top Go down
RitsukaAyogi

RitsukaAyogi

Male

A Brighter Light. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Brighter Light.   A Brighter Light. EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 9:16 am

Is this like lesbian?
Back to top Go down
Shadow Price
Admin
Shadow Price

Female

A Brighter Light. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Brighter Light.   A Brighter Light. EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 5:03 am

*smiles mischeviously*

You'll see.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'm sorry you had o deal with that." she said at one point, when my sobs had gone down to just hiccups and sniffles.

I nodded and took a deep breath to calm down. "It's okay. Sorry you had to see me like this. I don't usually break down so easy." I chuckled shakeyly.

She shrugged. "Everyone has the right to cry at some point."

I smiles and Trinity tightened her grip on my shoulder. I stared at her eyes and could see a desire that she wouldn't force on me. I blushed and looked down. Trinity chuckled. She stood, brining me up with her. It had gotten a lot darker then I thought.

Trinity picked up my notebook and pen. "Let's go get some dinner. I'm hugary." she said, intwining her fingers through mine.

We walked towards a big building. It was red and white. My stomache growled as the smell of beef stew filled the cool breeze.I shivered, remembering I hadn't brought my hoodie. Trinity noticed the movement and moved her arm to my shoulder and hugged me closer to her warm body. I surprised myself by snuggling closer to her.

"Thanks" I said as we walked into the cafeteria.

"No prob." she said.

We got in line, got our food, and sat down.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Price
Admin
Shadow Price

Female

A Brighter Light. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Brighter Light.   A Brighter Light. EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 5:03 am

Warning: Mild langugue( again can't spell)
-------------------------------------------------------------------

As we ate, Max and Tyler joined us, both engrossed in some weird gossip.

"I'm just telling you what Mark told me." Tyler was saying.

"There's no way. She's too...hardcore to do that." Max said as I took a bite of my stew, burning my mouth.

"Why don't we ask?"

"Okay." Max turned towards me. "Tell him you didn't start crying." he told me.

I looked at Trinity, my eyes wide. She shrugged and took a sip of her Coke. I stayed silent.

"Told ya" Tyler muttered.

"Stevie? Did you really..." Max's voice trialed off.

"Trinity, can you tell me what my first class is?" I asked, completely ignoring Max.

"We both have World History." she said, playing with a bobbing patato.

I nodded and went back to eating. Someone's foot tapped mine. I looked up and met Trinity's eyes. They flickered to Max then back to me. I looked at Max, feling odd for having to. He was still looking at me, his eyes were wide. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw Tyler smirk in Max's direction.

"What?" I asked, trying (and failing) to sound nonchalant.

"Why?" was all he said.

I tried to keep the hardcore facade, but couldn't think of something to say. Thankfully, I didn't have to.

"Who ever told you that is a mindless Gooney bird." Trinity aid, her voice full of venom.

"You should watch what lies you say Mr. Rose." a voice from behind me siad. I reconized it.

"And you should watch who you talk to with that attitude." I retorte, going back to the stew.

"I don't think I caught your name." he said, not sounding upset.

"Stevie Parker." I growled, taking a drink of my green tea.

"Mark Night." he said sitting next to me. Trinity glared at him.

"Well, now that we're all accuanted, why don't you leave." I said, putting down my glass so I didn't do anything rash.

Mark didn't get a chance to retort. Johanna sat down next to Trinity and smiled in my direction, then started eating. No one said anything for awhile. Finally Johanna broke the silence.

"Your eyes are violet." she said, clearly surprised that she didn't notice earlier.

"They change by my mood. Violet means I'm calm but holding myself back. Black is pissed off, and lilac is calm." I explained, finishing my stew.

"Ther're really pretty. I've never seen anyone with that colour. she said, drianing her Sprite.

"I'm the only one in my family." I said, trying to ignore my phone in my pocket.

After a few minutes I sighed and took out my blue Hue. Shawn was calling me.

"Hello?" I sounded hopeful.

"Your dad wants to talk to you." he said, his voice sad.

"Put him on."

"Stevie?" my father's voice was calm. I hate it when his voice is calm.

"What do you want Father?" my voice harsh.

"I want you home" his voice hurt.

"I'm not comeing home. I have to finish my uear here then I'm leaving."

"I'll find you and make you do what your mother did." he said.

"Go to hell!"" I shut the phone and shoved it in my pocket. "Could you move Max? I want to g to my room." he moved.

I dropped off my bowl and cup, and left for my dorm, my anger keeping me warm the whole way.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Price
Admin
Shadow Price

Female

A Brighter Light. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Brighter Light.   A Brighter Light. EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 6:07 pm

Warning: Senes and languge.

My boots left marks on the door when I threw them. I sat on the edge of my bed, my hands shaking with rage. "Damn him" I muttered as I took off my black, long-sleeved shirt and put on a tank top. my leather pants groaned in protest as I stripped them off. I hope he dies slowly and painfully." and at that moment I did.

Someone knocked on the door as I pulled on a pair of sweat pants. "Who is it?" I called, ruffling my hair.

"Trinity." she said, sounding worried.

"Come in idiot. You don't need to knock." I laughed.

She walked in and shut the door. Her eyes were gaurded and cautious. She sat down on her bed and played with the end of her sleeve. I sat down next to her. She looked close to tears.

"What's up?" I asked, wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

She shrugged my arm off and laid down. I laid next to her, worry coursing through me.

"What's wrong?" I asked in a sogt voice.

"Mark was talking about you when you left. He said the same things he said earlier. I got defnsive and then he went and started talking about my parents." she said, her voice a sob.

"He still in the cafeteria?" I growled.

Trinity nodded and protectiveness boiled in my blood. My lips brushed across her cheek as I rose. "I'll be right back" I stepped into a pair of sneakers and walked out of the room, turning off the light.

I walked out and started towards the cafeteria, a chill wind ruffling my hair and making goose-bumps rise on my arms. I didn't feel the November chill, my emotions were as good as a wool coat. I walked into the cafeteria, Mark, Max, Tyler, and Johanna were the only ones there.

"Mark, can I talk to you? In private?" I said through clentched teeth.

He nodded, looking amused, while everyone else at the table looked terrified. We walker over to a corner, my footsteps quiet as if I was walking on carpet. I turned swiftly around, feeling all my strenghth unleashing, and punched him in the gut. He hit the ground, breathing hard.

Mark stood back up, an arm wrapped around his middle. His breath was gasped and his eyes were wide. I gripped his neck and pushed him into a wall, putting my face an inch from his.

"Don't you ever talk about Trinity again or you'll be female. Am I understood?" I growled.

Mark nodded and I let him go, his hand going to his thraot. I turned on my heel and walked away, my head held high and my strides long. Max and Tyler were holding their crotches, Johanna looked paler then a ghost. I walked past, goving them a nod and went back to the dorm, humming to myself.

The light was still off when I walked in. My eyes, being used to the dark, didn't take that long to ajust. Trinity was laying on her side, on the bed. I curled up beside her, finally feeling the cold from outside. Her arm wrapped around me, letting me have warmth.

"Who did you punch?" she asked after I had flexed my hand. My knuckles were killing me.

"No one. I just had my hand clenched too hard." I lied, hoping she would let it go. She didn't.

"Who?" she pressed, her mouth near my ear.

"Mark." I grumbled, not likeing that I couldn't lie completely to her.

"well, let's hope he doesn't go to Mr. Watson about it." she said nonchalantly.

I turned completely around to see her face. She was smileing deviously. Trinity pressed her lips to mine. I kissed her back gently, not knowing how far I was allowed. Her hand moved from the small of my back to my hair, her touch sending fireworks through my skin. I felt my own hand tangle in her auburn hair. My eyes closed and the kiss deepened.

"This could get us in major trouble." she breathed when we pulled away to catch out breath.

"Wouldn't be the frst time for my." I replied, laughing breathlessly. I kissed her softly again, and reluctantly pulled away. "We should get some sleep." I muttered, getting ready to stand.

Trinity pulled my back. She wrapped her blanket around both of us, making me warmer then I already was. Her arm wrapped around my waist again, and I relaxed instantly. Soon both of us fell aslepp.
--------------------
The next morning I woke up, still on Trinity's side. I swung my legs over and stretched, trying not to groan. Trinity was on my bed, already dressed and watching me. She smiled when I yawned.

"Morning Stevie." she said, tossing me a pair of blue jeans and a purple shirt.

"Morning" I groaned, arching my back.

I grabbed the clothes and went into the bathroom we shared. Getting dressed was a pain, my mind wouldn't stay focused long enough for me to button up my shirt or pants. Eventually I got it right, and brushed my teeth.

Walking out of the bathroom, I realized my hand was somewhat stiff. I flexed it again, feeling a sharp pain go through my knuckles. "Ow" I muttered, letting my hand relax into a postion that didn't hurt.

"What's wrong?" Trinity asked, standing up.

"Nothing. I'm fine." I replied, smileing.

"What's wrong with your hand?" she said, holding it in a light grip.

"I'm fine. It's just a bit stiff, that's all."

"You're sure?"

"I'm sure."

Trinity kissed me gently, not expecting me to press mself closer to her. She wrapped her arms around my wairst, pulling me closer. Her tongue flicked my lips, but when I opened my mouth she pulled away. "Classes first." she said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Brighter Light. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Brighter Light.   A Brighter Light. Empty

Back to top Go down

A Brighter Light.
Page 1 of 1